We need to carry out works close to our existing site at Crayford. We will need to build a tunnel shaft in order to receive a tunnel boring machine, which will be dismantled and removed at this location. We will also need to build a headhouse which will cover the shaft.
The headhouse will require planning permission from the London Borough of Bexley.
- Dimensions: The shaft will be approximately 12.5m in diameter and 16m deep. The headhouse will reach a maximum height of 10m.
- Working hours: Our working hours will be from 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday, and 8am to 1pm on Saturdays. There will be no work on Sundays or Bank Holidays. Occasional out of hours work may be necessary and we will keep you informed about this.
- Traffic movements: We anticipate there will be approximately 6 HGV movements per day during shaft construction, and 4 per week during headhouse construction.
- Access: Our construction vehicles will access the site from Station Road along the existing access road to Crayford Station. They will then use the existing maintenance road to site.
- Construction route: We are currently assessing two options for our construction vehicles to access the area from the A2.
– Option 1: Access from the A2, taking Bourne Road then London Road, before joining Crayford Road.
– Option 2: Access from the A2, taking Old Bexley Lane then Shepherds Lane, Princes Road, before joining Crayford Road.
- We plan to start work in October 2023 until December 2025.
- Shaft construction works are anticipated to take place between October 2023 and February 2024.
- If our application for the headhouse is approved, this will be built between March 2024 and May 2024.