We will need to build a permanent shaft and headhouse at our proposed site in Kidbrooke. The shaft and headhouse will be used for ventilation and as a permanent access route for the tunnel once it is built.
We will need planning permission to build the headhouse and we plan to submit our planning application to the Royal Borough of Greenwich in summer 2018.
- Dimensions: The shaft will be approximately 10.5m in diameter and up to 35m in depth. The headhouse will have a maximum footprint of 15m by 15m and will reach a maximum height of 10m.
- Working hours: Our working hours will be from 7am to 5pm Monday to Friday, and 8am to 1pm on Saturdays. There will be no work on Sundays or Bank Holidays. Occasional out of hours work may be necessary and we will keep you informed about this.
- Traffic movements: We anticipate there will be approximately 8 HGV movements per day during shaft construction, and 4 per week during headhouse construction.
- Access: Our construction vehicles will use Nelson Mandela Road to enter and leave the site.
- We plan to start works in October 2021 until August 2027.
- Shaft construction works are anticipated to take place between October 2021 and March 2022.
- If our application for the headhouse is approved, this will be built between February 2023 and November 2023.